Car insurance coverage
What damages are taken care by the Car insurance coverage?
It is advisable to go through the list as mentioned in the insurer proposal document, but generally the following are covered in your car insurance coverage.(assuming comprehensive policy)
- Third party damage expenses, upto Rs. 7,50,000/- in case you have opted for that amount.
- Fire, explosion, lightning.
- Riot and Strike
- Natural disasters like Earthquake, flood, cyclone, etc (not drought)
- Accidents through external means.
- Malicous acts
- Terrorism acts
- While in transit by rail,road, Inland waterways, lift, elevator or Air.
- Land slide/Rock slide.
What eventualities are not covered in Car insurance coverage?
- Driving without license
- Driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- Accidents beyond geographic limits.
- If the vehicle is being used for unlawful purposes.
- Electrical / Mechanical breakdowns.
How much should be my vehicle car insurance coverage?
There are 2 parts of this car insurance coverage amount. The first part is the Third party damages amount, which should be a maximum of Rs. 7,50,000/- . The second part of the car insurance coverage is own damages, which should ideally be the market price of the vehicle. i.e. the amount that you would like to sell the vehicle for, or the amount that you would like to receive from the Insurer in case the vehicle gets stolen.
Based on these and some other smaller components, the insurance premium will get calculated.
If you need any assistance in selecting the best insurance for your vehicle, please fill in the form above and get the best insurance quote.