Car insurance policy
car insurance policy is the standard document, issued by the insurer, to you. This document, especially the first page should be carried with you at all times. This can be often asked by government authorities and negligence on this part can cost you avoidable hassles and time wastage. The comprehensive Car insurance policy covers damage to own vehicle for various reasons, personal accident insurance, as well as third party liabilities.
A typical policy document has these sections:
1) Details of the policy holder: (Name, Insured address, contact number, email address).
2) Policy Details: (policy office details, Insurance validity, Cover note reference, Hypothecation details).
3) Vehicle Details (Registration no & RTO Location, Make & Model, Engine No., Chassis No.,MFG Year, CC,Seating capacity)
4) IDV (Insured Declared Value) amount.
5) Schedule of Premium ( split into own damages and third party liability component).
The remaining car insurance policy contains these points :
1) Inclusions and exclusions of the policy.
2) claim process for that insurer.
3) limits of liability
4) Limitations of the use.
5) Driver’s clauses.
6) General terms and conditions, etc.
If you need any assistance in selecting the best insurance for your vehicle, please fill in the form above and get the best insurance quote.