BMW car insurance

Get best quotes for BMW car insurance. BMW (Bavarian Motor Works) has launched its most prestigious genre of cars in India namely, BMW series 1,3,5,6,7, BMW X series, BMW Z4, M series and the BMW i8.

Bayerische Motoren Werke AG ( Bavarian Motor Works), commonly known as BMW or BMWAG, is a German automobile company founded in 1916. The initials BMW are pronounced as “Be,em,ve” in German language. The model series are referred to as “Einser” (“One-er” for 1 series), “Dreier” (“Three-er” for 3 series), “Fünfer” (“Five-er” for the 5 series), “Sechser” (“Six-er” for the 6 series), “Siebener” (“Seven-er” for the 7 series).

BMW is headquartered in Munich, Bavaria. BMW produces motorcycles under BMW Motorrad. In 2014, the BMW Group produced 2,117,965 automobiles and approximately 120,000 motorcycles across all of its brands.

It is reported that about 56% of BMW-brand vehicles produced are petrol engines powered and the remaining 44% are with diesel engines.  BMW also has local assembly operation using complete knock down components in Thailand, Russia, Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia, and India, for 3, 5, 7 series and X3.

BMW India was established in 2006 as a sales subsidiary in Gurgaon, near New Delhi in North India. A state-of-the-art assembly plant for BMW 3 and 5 Series started operation in early 2007 in Chennai. This cost upwards of Rs. 1 Billion and was started in 2006. The plant started operation in the first quarter of 2007 and produces the different variants of BMW 3 Series, BMW 5 Series, BMW 7 Series, BMW X1, BMW X3, Mini Cooper S, Mini Cooper D and Mini Countryman.