Two wheeler insurance coverage
What does the two wheeler insurance coverage provides?
It is advisable to go through the list as mentioned in the insurer proposal document, but generally the following are covered in two wheeler insurance coverage.(assuming comprehensive policy)
- Third party damage expenses like property damage or personal injury.
- Damages arising due to Burglery/theft/housebreaking, fire, explosion, lightning, riots & Strikes.
- Natural disasters like Earthquake, flood, cyclone, etc (not drought)
- Accidents through external means.
- Malicous acts
- Terrorism acts
- While in transit by rail,road, Inland waterways, lift, elevator or Air.
- Land slide/Rock slide.
What eventualities are not covered in 2 wheeler insurance?
- Driving without license
- Driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- Accidents beyond geographic limits.
- If the vehicle is being used for unlawful purposes.
- Electrical / Mechanical breakdowns.
- Damages to tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged too.
Please note that the exclusions and inclusions vary from one insurer to the other. It is recommended that you consider the policy details completely before taking the policy.
Benefits of taking 2 wheeler insurance:
- It is mandatory under law and will save you from fines from traffic police.
- It covers 3rd party liabilities, in case you damage someone and or property.
- It safeguards you against theft and other losses, as defined in the policy.
- It can cover additional accessories that you have installed, if you want.
- Under Cashless claim feature, almost the entire expenses are paid by the company directly to the service center. It also gives you better service through registered workshops.
- Accidental death or permanent total disability may also be covered, which supports the survivors.
- A comprehensive policy will cover your legal expenses, including lawyer fees.
- Post accident, you can also avail of towing facility from your insurer, if it is specified.
If you need any assistance in selecting the best insurance for your two wheeler, please fill in the form above and get the best insurance quote.